Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Days 37-38 - Wintery mornings

I started off Day 37 with good efforts, although kinda feeling under the weather. Awoke with a sore throat, and wondering about if I felt good enough to go to work. Turned on the early news and found my schools were posted as closed, so settled back in for a day at home.

I was so glad for the turkey soup...soothing for the throat and the soul! (smile). I added leftover rice the the soup and had it for breakfast, and again for lunch. Terrific re-start of this dietary plan. A bowl of the hamburger vegetable soup was my afternoon snack.

Evening, however, brought my husband's work Christmas dinner party. I decided it would be (another) one last meal of holiday celebration. My food choices consumed included large shrimp (yum...my favorite thing) of which I think I ate at least 20, salad & a wee bit of dressing, steak and a shrimp kabob, and a baked potato. I confess...I loaded on some butter and sour cream onto that potato. Needless to say, I was STUFFED when I left the party.

It means that today - day 38 - I am back at the "starting over again" point with the soup menu. I'm so glad I cooked the different soups for meals on Sunday. As I write, its getting close to time for me to leave for my long day of work, so I will head to the kitchen and heat up soup for the thermos, and pack up additional soup for my evening meal. It is a bitter cold day, with snow predicted. I think I'll be very glad to have soup as my companion as I commute the 64 miles to work and back today. Wonder if I should pack 2 thermos?

Today will also be my weigh-in day, as Tuesday's I have access to the good scale that I used at the start of this journey to establish my starting point, 38-days ago. It will give me a better picture of my "holiday effect"....once I shed my heavy winter boots & extra sweater! lol

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment